Thursday, October 23, 2008

Report from America - Day 30

When I sent you the prayer request yesterday about
the woman who is trying to get out of her job as a
medical worker at Planned Parenthood...

...I had NO IDEA how incredible -- and generous --
your response would be!

E-mail messages poured in from people all across the
country who are praying for this lady and nearly 100
people asked where they could send money to help her
get out of the abortion industry.

Your compassion and willingness to help this woman is
deeply touching!

I am in communication with the local 40 Days for Life
leaders to see if funds are still needed, and if so,
where to send them. I'll let you know as soon as I
hear anything.

With the overwhelming response we have received over
the last 24 hours, maybe a fund should be set up to
help many more people escape their jobs at Planned
Parenthood! :-)

You know, whenever I mention Planned Parenthood in
one of these messages, my mailbox immediately
overflows with more stories about the abortion chain.

A 40 Days for Life volunteer in Memphis, Tennessee
reports that four people were standing in prayerful
vigil outside the building in which a Planned
Parenthood abortion center is located.

A man walked up to the group and introduced himself
as a Planned Parenthood employee. "He became upset
and said they were harassing his 'customers' and
blocking access. They assuredly were not," said the
volunteer. "The man said if he received one more
complaint, he would call the police."

The group remained in prayer, and no one called the
police. "Note how the Planned Parenthood worker
referred to these mothers as customers," said the
volunteer. "He was upset because he was losing
business. Evidently, our prayerful presence is
affecting Planned Parenthood's 'customers,' and in
turn, Planned Parenthood's bottom line. God is
melting mothers' hearts. We are saving lives. Planned
Parenthood is losing business."

Don't ever think for a moment, however, that Planned
Parenthood is ready to throw in the towel. It is a
huge, resourceful organization that always finds
something else to try if one tactic fails to generate
a response. It's important to remain faithful, in
spite of whatever Planned Parenthood does in an
attempt to discourage you.

Mary in Sacramento focused on faithfully responding
to the call to pray, even though she felt a bit
overwhelmed when she first arrived outside a Planned
Parenthood facility as part of 40 Days for Life.

She quickly noticed that only two people were
standing vigil against this outpost of America's
abortion giant -- herself and her 2-year-old
daughter. "I thought I must look a little weird just
walking back and forth with no other prayer
warriors," she said. "But I did it."

Not long afterward, an 18-year-old girl arrived with
her boyfriend. "They talked to me for a long time and
were very open to listening," she said. "They still
kept their appointment. But I know she wants to have
this baby."

Mary felt like she needed some help, so she went to
the building next door, looking for a man there who
had been kind to her earlier. "I found him leaving
his shift with five other men, so I asked them all to
pray with me for the young girl. Immediately, they
all bowed their heads and prayed."

Mary told one of the men that abortion days at this
Planned Parenthood center were Tuesdays and
Thursdays. He sighed and said, "I wish I hadn't known
that. But those days will be different for me now."

"It was a great experience," Mary said. "These men
stopped to pray for one of God's special girls, and I
know Christ was with all of them. I thought my time
of quiet prayer would be uneventful -- but I was
wrong."

No comments: