Monday, October 6, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 13 [10.06]

Yesterday, we were short a couple of hours at Ground Zero in the early morning hours so my ticket was called. I haven't had much time to get down to the Abortion Mill over the past couple of weeks. So far, I've only been down twice before I ventured there earlier this morning. Administration takes up too much blasted time. I guess that's a friendly reminder to us all to accept what the Lord gives us, even if we desire to be on the front lines.

Anyhow, I was there between 2:30AM-4:00AM this morning. Thinking that I was going to fill in the gap and save the day, I was surprised to see three other people already there when I was expecting only to see one. It was as if the Lord was saying to me, "Settle down, friend, I've got this battle covered in ways you can't even dream." Indeed He does. 2 of the 3 guys were there before I came and remained after I left. Around 3:30AM, an older lady, who was impeccably dressed, showed up. I asked her briefly if she had registered. She said that she had not. She was visiting from Winnipeg. Winnipeg? Winnipeg. About 15 minutes before I left, a young guy in his early 20s came over. He approached the elderly lady and started up a conversation with her. I stayed in my spot praying. He was wondering why we were out at such an ungodly hour. The lady explained the 40 Days campaign to him. He was a well spoken and respectful young man, although he was not with us 100%. He said that he respected our right to be out there and bringing attention to the issue. He said he saw both sides of the issue. As I left him speaking with the impeccably dressed older lady, I could tell that he was very impressed with our resolution and commitment to the pro-life cause. I don't know how the conversation ended up. But it just goes to show us all, it doesn't matter what hour we are praying or witnessing, it's all good and necessary. Sometimes, we are used by God at the most ungodly hours.

No comments: