Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 14 [10.07]

I was at the vigil from 6-8 pm and thought I would share in a "gesture" that is staying with me. While standing at the vigil with signs in hand and praying the rosary, I noticed a soldier walking across the street in full military uniform (relish colour) who looked over at us. I felt our eyes connect and he bowed his head in a gesture of acknowledgement and approval for what we were doing. I in turn, returned the gesture by doing the same. His uniform reminded me that we are God's chosen soldiers for life and that we are wearing His armour as our uniform. This military man's support and respect meant a lot to me and served as a reminder that we are all in this spiritual warfare together. - Sue

______________________

God is so good. You already have listed that there is a group of young men (CCO, NET, Dominican College) who live together who have agreed to cover each of the Sundays, from 1 - 4. Apparently, this past Sunday, they had a wonderful experience. They said that there are a fair number of young people their ages, leaving bars and making their way home in the early hours. And they felt that they were a great witness, standing vigil at that time. They were able to have some conversations with some of the young people who passed, and explain to them why they were there. - Cynthia

No comments: