Monday, October 13, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 19 - [10.12]

We were told that we would not be the same after participating in the Forty Days for Life. I can vouch to that. It has affected me in many ways to be a more active Christian. I would like to relate a little story about my shift Sunday Oct 12 -Midnight to 2am.

First, the gentleman who was to go off duty at 1AM asked me if I wanted him to stay as he would be leaving me alone. I thanked him but said I had no problem being alone that some one would be alone soon.

Sure enough three young man joined me shortly. Around 1:30AM, a lady came by in a wheel chair, drinking a coffee and said "hello" to me. As she was passing by, she stopped to talk to one of the young men. I did not hear their conversation but it appeared to go well. The lady put her coffee down to light up a cigarette and stayed with us a while.

The most beautiful thing happened then. It was cold, and we were all dressed warmly. The lady had only a short sleeve, light sweater on. One of the young men left and returned with a warm jacket and asked the lady if see wanted to put it on. She agreed and one young man held her coffee and the other held her cigarette as she put the jacket on. If this isn't a story right out of the Bible I don't know what is.

It made me so thankful on Thanksgiving weekend: to be associated with Christians who truly follow Christ.
- Frank

No comments: