Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Prayers for Volunteers

No soldier ever goes into Battle without his Armor. So, as St. Paul urges us to do in (Eph. 6:10: “I put on the Armor of God. I stand my ground, with truth buckled around my waist, and integrity for a breastplate, wearing for shoes on my feet the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace and always carrying the shield of faith so that I can use it to put out the burning arrows of the evil one. I accept salvation from God to be my helmet, and receive the Word of God from the Spirit to use as a sword.” This advice is for everyone. For as he said in Eph. 6: 12 –13, “It is not against human Enemies that we have to struggle, but against the Sovereignties and the Powers who originate the darkness in this world, the spiritual army of evil in the Heavens”.

Father, we ask you to be an encircling ‘Wall of Fire’ around us, to protect us from every evil. (Zech. 2:5). Jesus, we plead your Precious Blood on everyone who will be participating in this 40 Days for Life Project. Holy Spirit please grant us victory over this Scourge that is so prevalent in our Country. Amen

No comments: