Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jeremiah on witnessing

The first reading today was quite relevant to pro-lifers:

Reading 1

Jer 20:7-9

You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped;
you were too strong for me, and you triumphed.
All the day I am an object of laughter;
everyone mocks me.

Whenever I speak, I must cry out,
violence and outrage is my message;
the word of the LORD has brought me
derision and reproach all the day.

I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it.


Are weary of holding it in? Are you tired of the endless slaughter?

You do not have to witness with a bullhorn and a loud voice. The quiet witness of prayer done in faith bears faith.

The prophets of the past spoke out against injustice. Are you ready to witness against injustice and pray for the end of violence against the unborn?

No comments: