Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 1 [09.24]

I attended the vigil tonight at 6PM with Jennifer and another friend and was surprised to see so many people there. I think there were about 15 or 20 people and at 7 when we left a group of youth came by to pray. Wow what a turnout. It was truly beautiful! - Maureen

______________

I finished my 8-10 pm shift and it was quite peaceful being with others sharing in silent prayer. We started at 8 pm with about 10 people and it dwindled down to about 6 when I left at 10 pm. Nice to see a steady stream of people coming and going. I feel something extraordinary is going to happen with this event. - Sue

______________

Just got back from the abortuary...I'm overwhelmed with the number of people that are coming out. People are just showing up...there were about 12 people this evening...even at midnight, there was 5 people! Praise God! - Nicole


______________

I checked out 63 Bank St on the internet on the web this morning to see if it was what we thought it might be. The description below confirms it -- I suppose we shouldn't be that surprised. The negativity that exists from the mill probably acts like a magnet for other harmful behaviour. The size of the spiritual battle at that location seems to be much wider in scope than we initially thought. - Andy

Sauna 63
Ottawa's newest bathhouse is located on the forth floor above Edge nightclub and lounge. Featuring modern, spacious rooms. Clean, safe and fun are rules of the game.
Phone: 613-237-BATH
Address: 63 Bank St
Hours: Open 24 hours.

__________________

I was standing close to the curb, praying and looking up at the abortuary. Two other ladies where standing with me, too. These 3 guys approached me and asked if there will be another candlelight procession because they saw it the night before and was quite impressed at how many people were there. I said no, that was a kick off rally to start the 40 Days for Life Campaign but we will be there 24 hours everyday until November 2, praying and fasting for the end to abortion and there are others who are also praying and fasting in their homes and churches. They asked why we chose that site. I told them that on the third floor of the building we are facing is an abortion facility. They were surprised to hear that. I told them it is named after Morgentaler, the main protagonist of the legalizing abortion in Canada, but I do not know if he owns it. They asked a few more questions about 40 Days for Life. One of them said we should this again next year. I said we will do this every year until all abortion facilities are closed in Ottawa. As they were saying good-bye and good luck, I ask them to come by everyday and stand there with us for a few minutes. They said they will. I was there from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. A few women and a man came out at different times. None of them looked our way. There were quite a few of us there so it would be difficult not to notice. I'd say they are very aware of our presence. Praise be to God. - Nora

Editor's Note: These kind of numbers are well beyond what is officially registered for these time slots.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I noticed a young woman leaving the facility around 7:00PM Wed evening; she stopped abruptly and read some of the posted signs. She then walked briskley toward the next corner, stopped looked back for a moment then turned and ran away around the corner. The only thing I thought was, "please don't let be a woman who just came from having an abortion. Within moments a woman who was coming to pray stopped first at the door to the facility and with outreached hands touched the door and prayed for God's mercy on anyone who had an abortion on this day. When I heard that, I could only see this beautiful young woman, dressed in sweat pants running around that corner. I can't seem to get that picture of the beautiful girl out of my mind.