Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 6 [09.29]

Sisters and brothers, I was at Ground Zero at 3 00 am Monday, and met Chris form CLC Who had been there from 1 30. As Chris left at 4 00 Albert A. arrived ready for business. Albert had a board with holy cards and flyers. To me, Albert is Mr Pro Life. He told me he passed out over 100 cards at the opening rally, has spent over $8 000.00 on flyers etc. to promote the pro life cause. I was impressed with his faith. He said,"Mary will crush his head." I drove past when I left at 4 30, and Albert was on his knees. I expected nothing to happen, but I met two wonderful people. I already knew Chris from CLC, and got toknow him a little better, and I was blessed to meet Albert. - Mike

____________________

I am not sure if anyone reported the wonderful gift sent to us last night (Sep. 29) at the vigil located at 65 Bank St. at 7:45 pm. My friend, Bishop Reynald Rouleau from the Diocese of Churchill Hudson Bay was passing through Ottawa yesterday and he invited me to have dinner with him. I told him all about the 40 Days for Life campaign in Ottawa and its purpose and I gave him a pamphlet. He was very interested in the campaign and feels that his Diocese might benefit from such a wonderful event. I told him about our 40 day, 24 hour vigil in front of the abortuary from Sep. 23-Nov. 2. He was surprised to hear that such a place still existed and humbled at the courage and devotion shown by the volunteers. I then invited him to come to see the abortuary for himself and to give a special blessing to all there that night. As the Bishop is to have a hip replacement on October 8, I parked my car right in front of the group on Bank St. To my surprise, the Bishop got out of my car and walked up to the 10 people praying and greet the warriors. They were all very receptive and joyful to have his presence with them and he gave them much praise for their courage to stand to defend life in public with our Rosaries in hand. He then asked all to hold hands and make a circle where he said a wonderful prayer thanking the Lord for sending prophets to stand up for life and then asking the Lord to put an end to abortion and to help all those suffering the effects of abortion, especially mothers who feel there is no other solution and feel pressured to get the abortion and he prayed for fathers as well. He went on to pray for the conversion of all abortionists and those participating in this profession. He called upon the intercession of our Blessed Mother to help our campaign and then he prayed for blessings for all our families, children and grandchildren. Right when he finished the prayer, the Bishop was overcome with emotion at what we were doing and began to weep. We wept with him. Right then another group arrived from St. Maurice and Bishop Reynald repeated the same prayer in a circle with all the new group and blessed all of them. Once again he was overcome with emotion. I told everyone to keep Bishop in their prayers as he was to have hip replacement surgery in Winnipeg on October 8. A woman stepped up and said why don't we all pray over the Bishop and so we made a circle around him and prayed for him. After our prayer, Bishop asked all us to please pray for the Inuit who do not have the resources that we have to fight this battle. Needless to say, this is a night that I believe something extraordinary happened in this campaign for life in Ottawa. When I dropped Bishop Rouleau off at the Residence at St. Paul University, the Bishop told me that he will never forget what he witnessed that night and thanked us for making him a part of the 40 Day for Life Campaign. Monday was the Feast of St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael and I know that all of them were present with Bishop Reynald Rouleau in his special blessing as I could feel the presence of many angels that night in prayer with all us. I believe that this Bishop's presence today on this great Feast is a grace sent to us by the Almighty God Himself, letting us know that He is watching and receiving all our prayers with great joy and sending us all the troops we need to win this battle. Thank you Lord. Allelluia! - Sue

Editor's note: be sure to click on the comments below.

2 comments:

torresjmj@yahoo.com said...

I will be praying for Bishop Reynald Rouleau that God grant him good health as he continues to do God's work. He certainly sanctified Ground Zero with his blessings.

We need more bishops like.

john said...

Today, Tuesday,Sept. 30, at 04:56 am, I stood in front of the door to the abortion clinic at 65 Bank St. here, in Ottawa. I parked myself in between two benches.
I took out my rosary beads and began to pray. I prayed to the Blessed Virgin Mary for an end to abortion.
At 05:45am, a bald middle aged man approached me while I was praying and politely asked me to leave and go across the street. I acknowledged him by giving him a glance, but I kept on praying. A little perturbed, this time he told me that if I didn't leave and cross the street he would call the police.
Once again I acknowledged his presence with a look, but I kept on praying. This time frustrated with my ignoring his requests he said, OK, I am now going to call the police. He then unlocked the front door to the building and went inside. I kept on praying, but I began to think about what the police would do when they arrived. Then, I briefly stopped praying and looked behind me, across the street. Across the street, to my relief, were 5 or 6 (40 days for life) vigil keepers praying.
So I crossed the street and joined them in praying again.

The police never arrived.

Across the street, as I looked up at the building I noticed a lone light shining through a window on the top floor. For some reason, it reminded me of the star that shone over the manger in Bethlehem the night our Lord and Saviour was born.
Tears welled up in my eyes, my body ached all over, I wanted to cry. I Kept on praying.

06:02am I finished praying and thanked the Blessed Virgin Mary.