Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Nov.5.08

I was at the mill for a couple of hours this morning. Saw the abortionist again...i think he was surprised to see me there. It was so weird to be there completely alone, the streets were empty and everything was going on as normal. I ended up getting into an amazing conversation with one of the husbands of the women having an abortion. One of them was already in the room when I was speaking to the young guy...but he didn't want to do it...it's the second child he's lost to abortion. He new it was a sin, tried to convince his wife not to do it, but she did and he was just trying to support her at that point...he didn't know what else to do. He said he had some angry feelings, needed to forgive her and others. He was so broken. I told him that He was still completely loved by God and somehow, if he lets it, God can take what happened and use it for His glory. I told him about Rachel's Vineyard, naming his child and asking forgiveness from his child and God. He was very, very open. When his wife came out, she was completely shell shocked. She seemed stunned by it all. He shook my hand and thanked me for our conversation and told me that it was God's will that we talked. There was some hope in the midst of a deep sadness. My heart continues to break over these situations...it is really hard. But, God is good...as I was leaving the mill, three people from St. Mary's arrived to come and pray!!!! I was SOOO happy...we need to keep this up! It's truly not an option...I hope people will be deeply convicted on this. - Nicole C.

__________________________

Good news - just before I was about to leave at 1pm, a dozen young adults from the National House of Prayer arrived to pray. They had just finished a prayer walk and felt led to come to the vigil site. As well, there were three other ladies in prayer (two on a work break)...so about fifteen altogether when I left at 1pm. The young adults took turns standing in a line at the site, and caught the attention of people across the street. - Sue A.

No comments: