Monday, November 3, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 40 [11.02]

I know the Vigil's main purpose is for the clients at the mill and the babies, but it has also had such an effect on my by participating in it. The excellent speechs at the opening rally really inspired men to get involved with keeping it going 24/7, and it just helped me grow so much:

1. I got to practice bringing my faith into the public 'square', being bolder about saying what I believe, which is practice I really needed.

2. I got to endure insults and ridicule for Jesus... what in incredible honour... Jesus said those who endure that are blessed, and I really haven't had that opportunity before, at least not since I was a little kid anyway.

Also

3. I was blown away at seeing how others reacted to insults and even the assault... how they are so full of love for everyone involved. Even for the abortionists. It was really a reminder that I have to work on loving others even our 'enemies'... an example of how to live the faith.

So the whole thing has been such a blessing and an opportunity to grow closer to God. Thank you so much again for helping organize it!

- Neil

No comments: