Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ground Zero Report - Day 39 - [11.01]

Last night's Vigil from Midnight onwards reminded me of the Bible story of the loaf and the fishes. Having been on this watch midnight to 2AM for most of the Vigil with a few people attending each night I was pleased to find many more prayer full people showing up on Halloween night . On the West side of Bank St across from the abortion mill saying our rosary (as our true costumes ) and the East side was crowded folks in all kinds of make-believe Halloween costumes. Praise the Lord I am sure our prayers did get through in many ways. Thanks to all the Christians who have participated in the 40 Days for Life I am sure we have made a huge differance in our own lives and the lives of many others and we probably will never know on this earth, how many babies our prayers-- fasting and volunteering to stand watch outside the Abortion Mill have saved. Long Live 40 Days for Life. - Frank J. Barrett, A.K.A. FrankO a Grin N' Barrett Klown


___________________


This is the first time I have the honour to be a voice for the unborn, I'm sad to see it end. My dream would be to see the vigils extended until the abortion mills are closed down. My life was marked by abortion and this campaign help me heal because for the first time I didn't feel helpless toward the slaughter of babies. Thank you for letting me be part of your campaign for life. God Bless! - K.

___________________


You're probably getting the news from others, but here goes; we had a good turnout for Halloween. At 0200h there were about 15 there, at 0300h, about 13, by 0320h there were 7, and half an hour later there were 6 (which was good because it took quite a while before the streetswere really clear; McDonald's was very busy, and there were quite a few people just hanging out). Eric and I left shortly after 0500h and there were 4 others there at the time - things were pretty quiet. It was good to have such a big crowd (who stayed so long); there was a HUGE number of revellers out - with quite a few barbs, taunts, and negative comments thrown our way. To see them all was really more sad and pitiful than amusing. Those caught up in the culture of death try to hide their pain - but it really just shows up as pain or insecurity. Luckily there were no excitable types among us. We did receive some positive comments as well. God Bless! - Bill

__________________


I can't believe we're at the end of the forty days. Count me among those for whom this has been a life-changing experience. I thought I was only going to go down to the vigil once with my church. I ended up going many times and still felt that it wasn't enough. It was as though the Lord was speaking to my heart over the past few weeks - "Give me your time and I will take care of all your needs and all the things that you feel that you need to do instead of going to stand vigil. Tonight between 7 and 8pm there were two groups praying the rosary, one of whom included a man in a large electric wheelchair, and a few of us praying on our own. As the fellow prayed the rosary with two ladies, a man walked up beside them and stood quietly for a few minutes. He asked if he could join them in the rosary. After they finished the rosary, he said that he was just walking around downtown killing some time, when he saw us and decided to come over to find out what was going on. (The north end of Bank St. sees little activity on a Saturday evening.) It was a moment of grace. It was bitterly cold, with the wind blowing down Bank St., but I kept thinking that it was a small sacrifice in order to be able to stand vigil. Time enough to warm up at home - the babies need us now! See you tomorrow. - Sue A.







No comments: