Monday, October 27, 2014

Report from Ground Zero - Compte rendu de Ground Zero

Yesterday, I went between 11 am and noon at Ground Zero. There were approximately 5-6 of us. I listened to the word being proclaimed. The reader covered the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus. Very fitting for the situation: Jesus, the innocent, killed because he was so inconvenient. Yet one day, all our effort will be rewarded with a type of resurrection. One day, abortion will be abolished. I usually don't have any conversations when I am at Ground Zero, but a man came up to me and spoke to me in French (I had a French sign). He said to me that he agreed with what we were doing. He said that he had gone to a museum in Sao Paulo which featured small jars of unborn children. He was emotionally struck by their humanity, and he meant to convey how this made him believe in the humanity of the unborn. I took away from this that we mustn't always assume people know about the unborn. There is a lot of ignorance. I have encountered quite a bit of it online. We have to redouble our efforts to make the unborn better known to the world, so people can understand how human they really are. ... Hier je suis allée à Ground Zero entre 11 heures et midi. Il y avait à peu près 5 ou 6 personnes. J'ai écouté la proclamation de la Parole. Il s'agissait de la Passion, la Mort et la Resurrection de Jésus. Très pertinent compte tenu de la situation-- Jésus, l'innocent, tué parce qu'il gênait tellement. Mais, un jour, nos efforts seront recompensés par une sorte de résurrection, une victoire: un jour, l'avortement sera aboli. C'est rare que j'ai des conversations à Ground Zero, mais ce jour un homme est venu me parler en français (ma pancarte était en français). Il voulait me dire qu'il était d'accord avec ce qu'on faisait. Il m'a parlé d'une visite à un musée à Sao Paulo, où il y avait des flacons avec des embryons, et il était bouleversé par ce qu'il avait vu-- en voulant dire que c'est ça qui l'a convaincu de l'humanité de l'enfant à naître. Ce que j'ai retenu de cette conversation c'est qu'on ne doit pas assumer que les gens connaissent l'enfant à naître. Il y a beaucoup d'ignorance à son sujet. J'en ai rencontré beaucoup online. On doit redoubler nos efforts pour le faire connaître, pour que les gens puissent comprendre comment il est vraiment humain.

No comments: